Mid-Atlantic Offshore Wind Transmission Workshop
Date: March 26-27, 2024
Location: Baltimore, MD
You are invited to participate in a 2-day workshop for states, federal agencies, Tribes, and offshore wind developers/consultants to learn and prepare for near-term action on coordinated offshore wind transmission in the Atlantic. This event is invitation-only, please only circulate within your organization.
- Understand offshore wind energy transmission planning and siting processes.
- Learn the status of offshore wind energy transmission studies in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast regions.
- Discuss anticipated opportunities, challenges, and information needs (short-term and long-term) for coordinated offshore wind transmission in the Atlantic.
- Identify next steps and considerations for advancing the DOE/BOEM Atlantic Offshore Wind Transmission Action Plan.
Day 1 will include:
- Overview of transmission planning and siting processes from a state and federal perspective
- Updates on transmission studies
- Discussion on implementing transmission studies
- Evening Informal Networking Event
Day 2 will include:
- Data use and needs for evaluating and minimizing environmental impacts
- Transmission siting community engagement and lessons learned
IMET: Rita Rossi Colwell Center
701 E Pratt St
Baltimore, MD 21202