Webinar: 'How Tu' Use the Portal’s Tools
We recently instituted a series of improvements to the Portal’s Groups tool that provides users greater control over who can join and view the information shared within them. Join us Nov. 16 at 2 p.m. for an edition of the Portal’s “How Tuesday” webinar series that provides a tutorial on using Groups and the Portal’s other advanced tools.
Topics to be covered include:
- Editing the appearance of maps in the Active tab
- How to create and save Drawings and Map Bookmarks
- How to start a Group and share Drawings and Map Bookmarks with members
- Overlaying map data from outside websites with the Portal’s ArcGIS Service Input Tool
- Additional Marine Planner buttons: Operating the linear measurement tool, generating short URLs and embed codes, and exporting PDF files of maps
- A peak ahead at tool upgrades planned for the future
Following the tutorial, attendees can ask Portal team members any questions they’d like in an open Q&A session. We would also love to hear your ideas on any tool additions or enhancements that could help make the Portal more useful for you.
The session will be hosted by Portal project manager Karl Vilacoba of the Monmouth University Urban Coast Institute and developer Ryan Hodges of Ecotrust. To register and obtain a Zoom link, please click here.